We start off with very first post, and what’s better than starting with the latest release from Microsoft Windows Server Family, a product that seems to be very much like Windows 8, with its Metro UI. But there is a lot features underneath and we will go through them one by one in this series.
Installing Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Processor: 1.4 GHz 64-bit Processor
RAM: 512 MB
Disk: 32 GB
|If you are running:||You can upgrade to these editions:|
|Windows Server 2008 Standard with SP2 or Windows Server 2008 Enterprise with SP2||Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter|
|Windows Server 2008 Datacenter with SP2||Windows Server 2012 Datacenter|
|Windows Web Server 2008||Windows Server 2012 Standard|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise with SP1||Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter with SP1||Windows Server 2012 Datacenter|
|Windows Web Server 2008 R2||Windows Server 2012 Standard|
So how can you get your hands on Microsoft Windows Server 2012?
1. Click On Download Windows Server 2012
2. Sign in with your Hotmail or Windows Live account.
3. Download the ISO 3.44 GB in size.
4. If you are installing Windows Server 2012 on a VM you don't need to burn the ISO if you want to install it directly on host, you will have to burn the ISO and boot from it.
Create a Virtual Machine
(Skip this step if you are installing it on a host)
Installing Windows Server 2012
8. Select the Hard Drive or Partition where you want to install. If you need to create new partition click on Drive Options (advanced). If you have a blank hard drive with no partitions, Windows Server will create a 100 MB System reserved partition & use the rest of the space for installing windows.
Installation is Complete.
Post Installation Configuration
1. After Installation, You are prompted to enter a password for the built-in Administrator. Make sure the password contain, special characters, both lower & upper cases & is alphanumeric. E.g. p@ssW0rd
5. But before proceeding any further we will install VMware Integration Tools. To Mount the VMTools ISO we simply click on VM in File Menu of VMware Workstation and Select Install VMware Tools.
After reboot you will have successfully installed VMware Tools and should now have improved Mouse and Display performance with additional functionality.