Hey guys as the title suggests this post is not a continuation of the Windows Server 2012 How -To Guides we have been doing so far. This post is about my personal home server I've setup over the weekend.
HomeServer has the following configuration:
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ OC'd at 3.8 GHz
Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme 4
Memory: 3 x Corsair XMS3 4 GB DDR3 1600MHz
- OCZ Agility 3 60GB (OS Installation) SATA 6 Gbps
- 4 x 2TB Western Digital Green Drive (WD20EARX) SATA 6 Gbps
- 1TB Western Digital Green Drive (WD10EARS) SATA 3 Gbps
Chassis: NZXT Tempest 410
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus
Power: Corsair GS800
OS: Windows 8 x64
RAID-5 configuration for 4 x 2TB WD Drives using RAIDXpert (BIOS RAID).
1. Storage Server for Data, Movies, TV Series & Music Library.
2. Plex Media Server Streaming Media to all DLNA enabled Devices.
2. VMware Workstation 9 Test Environment for WackyTechtips.
All future tutorials will be based on this server. A shout out to MakhdoomAli Girkar for letting me use his Nikon D7000 DSLR Camera for taking the photo's. Please do checkout his website www.clickmyimage.in or find him on Facebook Profile.
Hope to have a new guide later this week. I've been busy with an SBS 2008 Migration to Windows Server 2008 its a long and lengthy process and no support / whitepaper from Microsoft, so wish me luck on this.